Friday, March 15, 2013

Almost Ready for Market Day

With just 2 sleeps to go until the March Made With Love Markets this Sunday, I am putting the final touches to all my displays and products.

timber drawer re-purposed into jewelry hanging display

Cardboard print display box (to be eventually replaced with a plywood box)

DIY greeting card display made from plywood

craft display risers - pack away flat & slot together within 60 seconds.
This photo is deceptive.. they are actually huge & will take up almost
half the space on one of my trestle tables. Holds lots of things!

I have been working on these plywood displays since last year, cutting out all the pieces with Dad's jigsaw and (scary) bench saw, then sanding and fitting together the puzzle of slats, shelves and supports... no diagrams and assembly list for these as I made the whole thing myself! from scribbled idea to a 3D triumph! 


my stall name sign can stack on the display risers behind my crafts

The final test will be when they're stacked full of my market goodies and on display so stayed tuned for how that all pans out.
Here are a few more photos of the various elements that make up my craft stall

another timber drawer with cup hooks to hold earring cards
and hanging earring display using tiny grapevine wreaths
to show off special pieces

painted 'pine tree' cones for displaying rings.
...and of course, all my forest friends to decorate my crafted forest

baskets, wood plaques, enameled metal tray

Metal lace tray is from Urban Outfitters, it has a collection of faux moss stones in it at the moment (under the fabric bows)...not sure yet if I'll use them elsewhere in my display. The wood plaques have a couple of cup hooks on the back (at the top) to prop them up and to wrap the end of the necklaces around. Baskets were on sale in the florist isle of Spotlight...so handy for displaying small items. 

Top of the timber drawer is another place to display small items & the hooks
inside the drawer are perfect for supporting one string of my flower fairy lights


large willow basket to hold textile cosmetic bags and plushies


found a fallen branch, cut it up and used a fine saw to make slots in
the top of each piece to hold cardboard price cards. Next step: hot glue small rocks to
support the tallest branch and preserved reindeer moss to decorate the bases
finished price card holders

I'm re-using most of the price cards I printed for the last market
& adjusting prices for  any differences in  my stock. Although I was
thinking of making new cards, it seemed a shame to  throw these out. They're good for now

Back in a few days... wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. If you're not crafty in woodworking (I'm not) you can get similar displays here
    http://cleardisplays.com/card-display/greeting-card-holder/3-tier-plywood-display-4908/

    I do love your branch price stands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for sharing you displays! The plywood shelves and card display are now on my "I have to make these" list. I am doing my first bazaar this fall...so scary!

    Do you have templates of these shelves...it would be awesome to have a starting point in making my own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. If you have an urgent question you can always contact me via my website www.artbygingerkelly.com ~ you will find my details on the CONTACT page