Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Review & The Liebster Award

It ends today. 2012, The year of the renovation, the epic move and postponed dreams.

I'd like to start it over please. I feel as though each day sped past without my realizing it and suddenly its the end of December... how did that happen? Perhaps time also flies when you're not having much fun and just speeds up even more when you're having a ball. I'm exhausted. My entire family look exhausted.

Dark shadows around the eyes had better become the next big fashionable thing because mine seem to have become permanent. My definition of a good nights sleep has changed from '8 hours of sweet dreams' to 'keeping my eyes closed for a while then being able to physically stand up the next day and put one foot in front of the other until the process is repeated'.
Clearly some things need to change!

My motto for 2013?

Found via spinstersemporium.co.uk


 Thanks to the lovely Kim Wagner who nominated my blog for the Liebster Award


Kim has quite a marvelous blog of her own which can be found here
She kindly asked me to answer the following random questions:

 1. If you could posses any talent what would it be?
 Choosing between flying and being able to sing... makes me think I might have been a bird in a previous life. My singing voice is somewhat lacking in this life and its definitely a talent I would love to have!

 2. What is your favorite place in the whole world?
 Unfair question. You cannot make me choose! I think I live in the most beautiful place in Australia... but I did spend some time in Ireland a while ago & would love to go back & explore some more.



 3. What is your favorite season and why? 
 Autumn. Though I can hardly say its because of the colors since there aren't so many deciduous trees in these parts... I simply love the windy weather and the cooling down after summer (which is the most evil of seasons I do believe)



 4. Do you speak any foreign languages? Which ones?
 Alas, no. School tried to teach me Japanese in primary school and then French in high school. I remember only a few words and how to count to ten in each language so I'd say they failed. A little voice is chanting 'you should have practiced...' yeah. Hindsight is so unhelpful

 5. Do you play any instruments?
 Again, alas, no. My brother is very talented on a guitar and didgeridoo. I tried with the guitar... curse my genetically stunted fingers!



 6. If you could time-travel to any year in the past or future what year would you travel to and why?
Sometime in the 1920's just for the fashion ;) Flappers are fantastic.


 




 7. Do you have a mentor or person you most admire? If so, who?
 Living? or dead? This is a really difficult question! I admire the paintings of the Pre-Raphaelites though I wouldn't necessarily say they were my mentors... the same goes for lots of contemporary artists & designers. I admire their work though I've never met them. Do you need a list here? (I'll have to tape it to the side of my blog one day...)

 



 8. Coffee or Tea?
 Neither. Ew.
Actually, peppermint tea is nice sometimes...



 9. If you could transform into an animal which animal would you like to be?
 Whoa whoa whoa. Can I do this on a daily basis? Are there any rules here or is it a morphing free for all? If I can transform back into a human at mealtimes then I'd like to be an owl. If not, then it would have to be a horse (living on a really expensive looking horse farm and being 'out of bounds' to any riders)





 10. What is your favorite holiday?
 A long one! Whichever holiday happens to fall near a long weekend I suppose. Easter also has a certain charm to it being the festival of chocolate gift giving.



 11. What is the best museum you've ever visited?
 I'm not sure exactly where it was because my young memories are very hazy but there was a big exhibit of stuffed animals, speckled bird eggs and iridescent beetles... a treasure house! It was most likely in Sydney seeing as I didn't travel much when I was little.



I'll need a little time to come up with 11 bloggers to nominate for the coveted Liebster Award. Bear with me...


1 comment:

  1. I love that you included pictures with your answers. Very creative and unique! AND your artwork is beautiful!! I'm sure you must hear that a lot : )
    Kim
    www.kimwagnerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. If you have an urgent question you can always contact me via my website www.artbygingerkelly.com ~ you will find my details on the CONTACT page