Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Enchanted Garden



I've been crawling around the garden on my hands and knees looking for tiny subjects to photograph. This enthusiasm for macro photography is quite new and its been a surprise to find that my little camera isn't all that bad after all.... it can take pretty decent closeups. It's just everything else that it finds too challenging.

But horray for gift vouchers! For the first time in my life I won a substantial prize in a website design comp and I plan to put the winnings to good use. A decent DSLR camera has been on my wishlist for a very long time... so with a few more weeks of saving I will be able to go camera shopping!

In the meantime I'm reading alot and learning as much as I can about photography and I've made a promise to myself that I will actually read the manual before I use the camera this time ;)






There are just a few days left till my exhibition at the Coffs Harbour Bunker Cartoon Gallery closes on the 14th May. Then I'll be repacking all my prints and framed work and we'll be off to the sunday morning handmade markets in a couple of weeks where I'll also be showing my handmade jewelery collection 'Jasper and Pearl'.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. best of luck L. I hope the exhibition has gone swimmingly. love your mushroom photo
    ♥S

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Mistress Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With silver bells, and cockle shells, and marigolds all in a row.”

    :))

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. If you have an urgent question you can always contact me via my website www.artbygingerkelly.com ~ you will find my details on the CONTACT page