Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter Dreams & Summer Rain



Tonight the sky is stitched with stars that seem brighter than ever because its been almost 3 months since there was a decent break in the clouds and constant rain. The strangest summer I've ever experienced in Australia. Everyone knows I cannot stand the heat so I dread the day when the sun appears for more than a few hours and turns the soggy ground into a midge factory. Real summers here are dreadful. Sticky, exhausting and every night your bed sheets covered in termites because you were trying to read one more chapter of your favorite book...

Oh, Listen... theres the rain again! Phew. That was close!

Excuse my scattered thoughts. I'm overdue for decent sleep again.

My favorite fairytale for the week... Le Petit Chaperon Rouge

Would you take directions from a hungry wolf?

At this time of year I always think of all the Northern Hemisphere dwellers huddling in the snow. Complaining that its too cold & winter is too long while here I am complaining that its too hot and summer lasts forever... where is autumn when you need her?

I would love to experience a Christmas in the snow at least once.



Ok. Now my mind is empty. I can go to sleep.

Goodnight

2 comments:

  1. It is so strange isn't it to think that some of us have the opposite weather to eachother?! Your blog is so beautiful, I hope your night skies are as lovely as ours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by to wish you a happy new year!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. If you have an urgent question you can always contact me via my website www.artbygingerkelly.com ~ you will find my details on the CONTACT page